Saturday, September 25, 2010

Internship - Complete!

In order to graduate, I was required to complete 120 hours of work towards my internship. I was hired by my After Effects teacher to help build her site at Shop So Rad. Aside from being a teacher at Seneca, she designs incredibly cute baby clothes and print cards with rad designs.

I had a lot of fun learning how to use the Magento platform (there were some frustrations as well, I'll be honest!) and the experience was priceless. I was responsible for playing around with the template's CSS, HTML, and the site's general back-end maintenance. I also had some social media duties to fulfill - Twitter, Facebook, etc.

I used some of my time at Jane Vining Antiques towards the 120 hours as well. I did not the design or build the site, but I am responsible for its maintenance, content management and email marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment